Meatless Monday 🥦
Roti Canai 😋
3 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp condensed milk
1 cup water
1 tsp salt
1. Mix all your ingredients in a large bowl and mix/knead until a soft dough is formed. You can also use a hand mixer/stand mixer with dough hook but I did it by hand. Knead for about 10 minutes. The dough is quite soft and a bit sticky (You can oil your hands to make it easier to handle the dough)
2. Shape into a log and cut into 8 pieces. Roll into a ball, brush with some ghee and let rest for at least a few hours but can go overnight in the fridge as well!
3. If you left your dough in the fridge overnight, make sure you let it come to room temp before handling it again.
4. Oil your hands (I just use ghee) and flatten your dough balls and stretch the dough until as thin as possible
5. Fold the bottom up 1/3 and do the same with the top and then gather loosely to form a rope.
6. Twist into a cinnamon bun/scroll and repeat until all complete.
7. When ready to cook, flatten your little stroll into a pancake shape lightly.
8. Adding a bit more ghee to the a pan on medium heat, pop in your roti one at a time, cooking about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
9. The fun part!! Remove your roti from the pan, put in a surface and carefully and QUICKLY clap your hands and the roti so it creates those folded/separated layers. Turn your roti 180 degrees and clap again.
10. Serve with your favourite accompaniment – I made a quick curry sauce 😊