Ube mochi cookies!
Jumping on the mochi cookie train with ube mochi cookies! Instead of using milk or water, I used coconut milk to pair the ube with coconut flavor 😋 This results in a very similar flavor profile as ube butter mochi but with a cookie on the outside! I used the same cookie recipe from my crinkled ube cookies. .
Ingredients ube cookie (24 cookies):
1.5C of all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2C of butter (1 stick)
1/4C white sugar
1/4C brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2C halaya ube jam
1 tsp ube extract (butterfly)
Powdered sugar for decoration
70g glutinous rice flour
20g corn starch
200g coconut milk
15g unsalted butter (1 Tbsp)
1. Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix butter with white and brown sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg, mix in. Then add the halaya jam and ube extract and continue mixing until the dough is nice and purple. Mix dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and salt) with wet ingredients to make dough.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Refrigerate dough for 15m+ while making mochi.
5. Mix all of the mochi ingredients except for butter in a bowl.
6. Microwave for 1m 30s, take out and mix the batter. Microwave for another 45 seconds to 1m.
7. Mix in 1 Tbsp of butter until it’s well mixed throughout the mochi.
8. Make 24 balls of tablespoon sized dough balls and 24 pieces of mochi. Add mochi to center of the the cookie dough and engulf the mochi with the cookie dough.
9. Flatten the dough so they go on your baking tray that look like small hockey pucks. Bake for 12-14m at 350F.
10. Sprinkle on powdered sugar with a sieve. Enjoy!! .
#ube #mochi #mochicookie #halaya #sweetpotato #cookie #cookies #crinklecookies #hawaii #recipe #dessert #foodiegram #subtleasianeats #georgeoustreats #foodporn #foodphotography #foodgasm #instagood #chefsofinstagram #subtleasiancooking #feedfeedbaking #bayarea #sffoodie #fooddiaries #bakersofinstagram #ubemochi