TERIYAKI TOFU RICE BOWL – VEGAN
This homemade teriyaki tofu recipe is so flavorful, delicious and easy-to-make.
There’s simply nothing better than freshly baked teriyaki tofu over a bed of rice.
It’s the best comfort food ever.
Teriyaki is a super flavorful glaze with a subtle sweetness and complementary flavors of sesame, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger and garlic.
It’s high-protein and low-fat with all the comforting flavors you want!
Things We Need – Serves 3/4
* Extra-firm – 1 Block
* Cornstarch – 3 Tbsp
* Oil – 1 Tbsp
* Soy sauce – 1 Tbsp Soy
* Snowpeas – 10/12 pcs
* Broccoli – 1/2 cup florets
* Baby corn – 1/2 cup big pcs
* Soy sauce – 1 Cup
* Hoisin sauce – 1/4 cup
* Brown sugar – 1/2 Cup
* Rice Vinegar – 3/4 Tbsp
* Sesame oil – 2 Tbsp
* Ginger – 1 Tsp Chopped
* Garlic – 1 Tsp Chopped
* Sesame seed – 1tbsp
* Cornstarch – 1 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp Cold Water
Let’s Assemble It
* Press and cube your tofu, then preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
* Mix together tofu ingredients and gently toss cubes in and coat evenly.
* Assemble on a baking tray covered in parchment paper so none are touching, then bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through, until browned.
* For the sauce, add soy sauce,hoisin sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger and garlic to a pan. Mix together cornstarch and water and pour in. Cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat until thickened, whisking often.
* In an another pan toss all the veggies of high flame till crisp.
* Mix the tofu & veggies & Pour 3/4 of the sauce onto it and mix to coat.
* Serve tofu over rice with sesame seeds, green onion and extra sauce drizzled on top. Enjoy!
#tofu #bakedtofu #teriyakisauce #japanesefood #japanesesauce #snowpeas #broccoli #babycorn #vegan #veganmeals #veganfood #easyrecipes #vegetarian #homecooking #creativecooking #foodiesofinstagram #foodblogger #followyourpassion #seasonedbyshruti