Sri Lankan Beetroot curry!
One of my favourite Sri Lankan dishes to eat with rice & curry. Beetroot is super healthy with many essential nutrients and great for your heart health. This is a very easy one pot recipe.
– 2 large beetroots (washed, peeled and evenly sliced)
– 1 medium onion (finely sliced)
– 2 garlic cloves (finely diced)
– 1 sprig curry leaves
– 1/4 tsp cumin powder
– 1/4 tsp coriander powder
– 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
– 1/4 tsp chilli powder (optional)
– 2 green chillies
– small can coconut milk (165ml)
– 1-2 cups water
– 1 tbsp oil
– Heat pot with oil, add onions, beetroot, garlic, spices, chilli, curry leaves & mix well
– Add 1-2 cups of water, cover pot and cook for about 40 mins until beetroot is tender
– Add more water if it starts to dry
– once beetroots are cooked through, add coconut milk
– Mix well and simmer until the gravy is to your desired consistency
– Serve with rice and curry!
#beetroot #srilankanfood #srilankancurry #beetrootrecipes #curry #easyrecipes #onepotrecipe #veganfood #veganrecipes #healthyfood #healthyrecipes #recipeoftheday #recipeshare #picoftheday #instafood #foodblogger #srilanka #tastelk