Simple, yet delicious Green Cauliflower Rice (20 minutes!) from @minimalistbaker
– 1 large head cauliflower (~ 4 cups cauliflower rice), riced
– 1 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
– 1/2 cup chopped white or yellow onion (or shallot)
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– Healthy pinch sea salt
– 1 small to medium jalapeÃ±o pepper, seeds and stems removed and chopped
– 2 heaping cups cilantro, large stems removed
– 1 Tbsp avocado or olive oil – 1/4 tsp sea salt (plus more to taste)
– 2 Tbsp lime juice ( plus more as needed for added flavor)
– Fresh chopped cilantro
– Lime wedges
– Begin by making cauliflower into â��riceâ�� by following link to instructions above. Set aside in a small mixing bowl.
– Next make the green mix: To a food processor with the â��Sâ�� blade attached, add the jalapeÃ±o pepper, cilantro, oil, sea salt, and lime juice and mix until a loose paste is formed (see photo).
– Heat a large saucepan, dutch oven, or skillet (with a lid) over medium heat. Once hot, add oil, onion, garlic, and pinch of sea salt and sautÃ© for 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally. Then add the cauliflower rice and season with another pinch of salt.
– Cover with a lid to steam the cauliflower rice for 1-2 minutes, or until cauliflower texture is to your liking. Then add the green mix and stir to coat. Cook for 1 more minute, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more salt or lime juice to taste.
– Serve with more fresh cilantro and lime if desired. Cauliflower rice is best when fresh, but will keep in the refrigerator up to 2-3 days. It does not freeze well.
#plantbased #plantbasedrecipes #vegan #veganrecipes #veganfood #plantbasedfood #healthy #food #recipes #veganism #vegetarian #veganlife
#veganlifestyle #animalliberation #animaljustice #veganinspiration #rescueanimal #animalsanctuary #friendsnotfood #ethicalvegan
#animallover #govegan #bekindtoanimals #veganpower #veganlove #animallover #rice #cauliflower