QUICK RECIPE…easy bread rolls!
Sometimes you’re not able to get to the bakery or have time for the full bread proving process over half-full day. This recipe is my fast version of a light dinner bread roll. No need to prove the dough until you’ve shaped each roll first. You can use either butter or oil in the dough also. The result are gorgeous light, fluffy bread rolls with a thin crust.
This recipe came about awhile back when I was creating homemade hamburgers and didn’t have any rolls…it’s not the same hamburger experience using sliced bread!
Let’s continue baking and try these easy rolls too. My recipe is also on my website (via my Linktree). Tag me if you try them.
450-500g plain or bread flour
2 tsp instant yeast
150ml milk, warmed
50-100ml water, as needed
1 tbsp honey or caster sugar
3 tbsp butter, melted (or olive oil)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp salt
1 egg (for egg wash with 1 tbsp water)
Light/dark Sesame seeds to sprinkle on top
1. In a stand mixer bowl with dough attachment, add all ingredients except egg & with only 50ml of water. Initially, ensure yeast & salt is placed in bowl separately to not affect yeast activation. Then mix until well combined, add the egg and the remaining 50ml water if needed.
2. Continue mixing on low-med for approx. 5min. The dough will come away from the sides & will be a little sticky but also smooth & pliable.
3. Place dough onto a lightly floured clean bench. Divide into 8-10 equal pieces. Then shape each ball, cup your hand over then roll in a circular motion until smooth. Place onto lined baking tray.
4. Place the tray in a warm spot & prove rolls approx. 30min or until doubled in size.
5. Preheat oven to 200°C.
6. After the rolls have proved, glaze with egg mix & sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake approx 15-20min or until golden brown.
I used gorgeous flour from panepizzico artisan bakers.
#piagavacooks #bread #freshbread #breadrolls #dinnerrolls #recipe #recipeshare #breadlover #breadmaking #breadbaking #homebaking #baker #baking #homecooking #comfortfood #deliciousfood #feedfeed #thebakefeed #cucinaitaliana #food52 #onmytable #masterchefau #melbournefoodie