National Mac + Cheese Day? ? Say no more, we’re all over this.
If you were looking for a reason to make a ? creamy, cheesy dish of goodness now you have one.
This Vegan Mac + Cheese made with our Unsweetened Milked Cashews is one of our favorites and you probably already have everything you need to make it. And since it’s dairy free, now even more of us can enjoy this comfort-food classic.
Classic Vegan Mac + Cheese
– 1 cup @elmhurst1925 Unsweetened Cashew Milk
-1/2 cup Vegetable Stock
– 3 cups dry Pasta
– 1 cup Vegan Mozzarella, shredded
– 1/2 cup Vegan Cheddar, shredded
– 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
– 1 tsp Garlic Powder
– 1 tsp Onion Powder
– 1 tsp Ground Mustard
Salt + Pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta al dente, according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. Mix together cashew milk and vegetable stock in a pot and bring to a simmer. Slowly incorporate cheeses and whisk until blended together.
3. Remove from heat and add in the spices and nutritional yeast. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Transfer pasta to a baking dish and fold in cheese sauce until completely coated.
5. Top with additional cheese shreds and pop under the broiler, watching until cheese has melted and browned.
Looking for a #lowcarb option or just want to get some extra veggies in? Try swapping out the pasta for 5-6 cups cooked cauliflower!
We can’t wait for you to get to enjoy a bowlful of this rich and creamy classic. And if you do try it be sure to tag us so we can see how yours turns out!
? – @the.fit.peach
#easyrecipes #comfortfood #veganmacandcheese #macandcheese #veganeats #cashewmilk #plantbased #eatsimple