#indiancookies What’s baking in your oven today? 😍
I made #nankhatai 🍪
FOR COOKIE DOUGH:
½ cup unsalted butter
¾ cup powdered sugar
1 cup maida / plain flour
¾ cup gram flour
2 tbsp semolina
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp cardamom powder
Chopped dry fruits
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp milk, if required
FOR COOKING IN AN UTENSIL:
2 cup salt or sand
1. Firstly, in a large bowl take the butter. Make sure to take thick butter.
Add powdered sugar in it and beat on low speed. You can use a whisk to beat the butter and sugar. Beat until the mixture turns creamy and whitish.
2. Place a sieve and sift all the dry ingredients. Crumble and mix making sure the flour is moist. If the flour is dry add 2 tbsp milk and mix. Get the mixture together forming a soft dough.
3. To prepare a cookie in a utensil add salt and place a small ring on it.
Cover it with a lid or plate. Heat for 5 to 10 minutes. As a result, it gives a preheat oven atmosphere.
4. Now make the balls of dough and roll them making a dent in the center. Stuff in chopped dry fruits into the cookies.
5. Now cover and cook on a medium flame for 15 minutes. You can alternatively, preheat and bake at 180-degree celsius for 15 minutes. The cookie will be soft initially. Cool completely and the nankhatai cookie turns crisp and crunchy.