Homemade 3-ingredient dark chocolate peanut butter cups.
I’m my own worst enemy. I purposely never buy or keep any junk food in the house – but then when I have a sweet craving, I somehow always manage to find a way to throw some ingredients together and make something that jeopardises all the food I bought when I was trying to be healthy. Call it self-sabotage, but these homemade peanut butter cups taught me that all you need is a lack of self-control, a crippling chocolate addiction and 3 ingredients.
• 3 tablespoons of powdered or icing sugar, sifted
• 1/2 cup of creamy or crunchy peanut butter (I use @fixandfogg Super Crunchy Peanut Butter)
• 1 cup dark chocolate, melted (I use @whittakersnz Dark Block)
• Flaky sea salt (optional)
1. Prepare a cupcake tin with 8 silicone or paper cupcake mini liners.
2. Fold peanut butter and sugar together until smooth.
3. Spread 1 to 2 tablespoons of melted chocolate in the bottom of each cupcake liner.
4. Roll 1 to 2 teaspoons of the peanut butter mixture into a ball and flatten slightly into a disc smaller than the diameter of the liner. Place on top of the chocolate.
5. Cover peanut butter with more melted chocolate and smooth out the top. Top with flaky sea salt.
6. Refrigerate for 20-25 minutes or until chocolate has hardened.
7. Remove peanut butter cups from the liners and enjoy!
Tip: Ever look at a recipe and exit out of it immediately cause it says you need powdered or icing sugar but have none at home? Well did you know you can just blitz granulated sugar in a blender until it is white and fluffy and voilà – you’ve just scored yourself a gig on Narcos. Honestly it’s game changing and you’re never going to need to buy two different types of sugar ever again.