(makes a 13×9 or an 8 inch cake, feeds 15 to 20 people)
I hope your 4th of July plans are more rockin’ than mine currently are. But hey, there will be cake! It’s my vanilla cake recipe with jimmies sprinkles, giving it that little element of fun. Coordinate your cakes to any holiday or birthday, just by swapping out the color. The kids love it! Whatever you’re doing this weekend, be kind and stay safe.✌🏻❤️
🇺🇸Happy Birthday Merica!🇺🇸
Funfetti Cake Ingredients:
3 cups (339 grams) cake flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter (unsalted), at room temp
2 cups (400 grams) sugar
2 eggs, at room temp
4 egg whites, at room temp
2 tablespoons clear vanilla extract
2/3 cup (160 grams) sour cream, at room temp
1 cup (240 grams) buttermilk, at room temp
1/3 cup jimmies sprinkles
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and spray the bottom(s) of your pan(s) with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, mix together the cake flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl (if using a Kitchen Aid, use your paddle attachment), on a medium-high speed, mix together the butter and sugar, until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs and vanilla, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl, so that it’s evenly mixed.
5. Add in the sour cream.
6. With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the cake flour ingredients with the buttermilk, starting and ending with the dry ingredients. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and mix for another 20 to 30 seconds, making sure everything’s fully incorporated, but not over-mixed.
7. Gently fold in the sprinkles.
8. Pour the cake batter into the prepared pans, and bake for 28 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
9. Allow the cake(s) to cool completely.
#cake #cakes #cakeinspo #cakedecorating #cakesofinstagram #cakedesign #funfetti #funfetticake #funfetticakerecipe #july #4thofjuly #fourthofjuly #4thofjulycake #fourthofjulycake #recipe #cakerecipe #vanillacake #vanillacakerecipe
Frosting Ingredients/Directions in the Comments