Crockpot Chicken & Sweet Potato
SUPER EASY BUT NUTRITIOUS!!
Crockpot meals are my favorite… especially as a student—you throw the ingredients in the pot in the morning and you come home to a meal that needs few preparations. Here’s the details for this yummy dish?
– 2 Chicken Breasts
– 1-2 Large Sweet Potatoes (Make it more interesting by adding any/all veggies you like!!)
– 6 tbsp Butter
– Italian Seasoning
– That’s it!
– Chop your sweet potatoes and veggies into about 1” chunks
– Put sweet potatoes in the crockpot in a flat layer across the bottom
– Add about 1/4 cup of water so the sweet potatoes don’t burn/stick to the bottom
– Using thawed chicken breasts, lay them on top of the sweet potatoes
– Melt your butter and mix the Italian seasoning into the melted butter
– Pour the butter mix on top of the chicken and sweet potatoes
– Let it cook in the crock pot for about 2 1/2 – 3 hours on low
And of course… NUTRITION BENEFITS/NUTRIENT BREAKDOWN
– Rounding out to be 270 cal/serving (amazing.)
– 24g of protein (yessir!!)
– TONS of Vitamin A (in the form of beta carotene… helping to reduce free radical damage in your body) and Potassium (your body NEEDS this mineral… helps keep your nerves and muscles working all throughout your body!) from that sweet potato!
#RD2B #Nutrition #Dietetics #HealthyFoods #NutritionInformation #LoveOfFood #HealthierOptions #HealthyMealIdeas #CommunityNutrition #EasyRecipes #QuickRecipes #DieteticsMajor #DieteticsStudent #NutritionTips #CrockpotRecipe #EasyMeal #FastMeal #SweetPotatoes #ChickenRecipes #CrockpotChicken