BLACK-BEAN QUINOA BURGER PATTY
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
This summer, try this vegetarian burger patty recipe, that can be even made vegan and gluten free; extremely protein-rich and super yummy!
1 can black beans
1 cup cooked quinoa (substitute- boiled rice)
3/4 cup broccoli florets (substitute-cauliflower)
1/2 bell pepper
1 jalapeno/ 2 green chillies
2-3 cloves garlic
1 cup spinach leaves
1/4 cup green peas
3/4 cup quick oats (substitute- bread crumbs)
1 egg or 1 boiled potato (for vegan option)
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (substitute-walnuts/pecans- optional)
1 tbsp parsley/coriander
1 tbsp ketchup/tomato paste
2 tbsp paprika
Salt+pepper per taste
Any extra spices+ herbs of choice
Preheat oven 400-425 F
1. Rough chop all the veggies, mix with paprika+salt+pepper. Spread on a baking sheet along with the can of beans. Bake in oven for 15 mins (beans) & 25 mins (veggies).
2. While baking is on, blend the oats, pumpkin seeds, herbs to a fine powder (bread crumbs alternative).
3. In a bowl, mix baked veggies, beans, with oats powder, chopped spinach and then blend to a chunky mixture.
4. In the same bowl, combine chunky mixture with remaining oats powder, whisked egg/mashed potato and quinoa to form the patty mixture. Light season w/ salt+pepper and 1 tbsp ketchup/tomato paste.
5. Lightly oil your palms and pat down a ball of the mixture to form patties of desired size.
6. You can freeze the patties for upto a month.
7. Lightly grease the pan and cook the patty on medium-high for 5-6 mins on each side.
You can grill the burgers or bake them at 400 for 7-9 mins.
8. Serve with toasted buns, spinach, onions+tomatoes and your favorite aioli for a lip-smacking Veggie Burger!
#veggieburger #healthy #veganrecipes #glutenfree #quinoa #protein #beanburger #vegetarianrecipes #summerrecipes #oats #grill #healthyeating #veganideas #veganburger #healthyburgers #mealprep #vegetarianfood #spicyburger