Panda Express’ Orange Chicken
With this recipe, you do not need to dine out to enjoy a great meal with family and friends. This sweet and spicy crispy chicken dish is easy to make in just 45 minutes.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes – Cooking Time: 30 minutes – Servings: 6
1. Mix ingredients for the orange sauce in a bowl and reserve for later.
2. Add egg, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon oil to a separate bowl. Mix well.
3. In another bowl, combine 1⁄2 cup cornstarch and flour. Mix until thoroughly blended.
4. Add remaining cornstarch and cold water in a different bowl. Blend until cornstarch is dissolved, heat three tablespoons oil in a large deep skillet or wok over high heat.
5. Coat chicken pieces in the egg mixture. Let excess drip off. Then, coat in cornstarch mixture. Cook for a minimum of 3 minutes or until each side is golden brown and chicken is cooked through. Arrange on a plate lined with paper towels to empty excess oil.
6. Then in a clean large deep skillet or wok, heat remaining oil on high heat. Lightly sauté ginger and garlic for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add peppers and scallion s. Stir-fry vegetables for 1-3 minutes, then pour in rice wine. Mix well before adding the orange sauce. Bring back a boil. Mix in cooked chicken pieces, then adds cornstarch mixture. Simmer until mixture is thick, and then mix in vegetable oil. 7. Transfer onto a plate and serve with polished rice and steamed broccoli. Nutrition:
Calories: 305, Total Fat: 5 g, Carbs: 27 g, Protein: 34 g, Sodium: 1024 mg
Buy my cookbook 📚
Link in bio
#recipes #food #foodie #foodporn #cooking #foodphotography #instafood #recipe #yummy #foodstagram #foodblogger #homemade #healthyfood #delicious #easyrecipes #foodlover #healthy #homecooking #healthylifestyle #dinner #vegan #recipeoftheday #healthyrecipes #chef #instagood #foodies #baking #breakfast